Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hallieween

Hallie loves her monkey costume from Halloween and insists she wear it every time she sees it; as a result it spends most of its time hidden in the back of her closet. She was very pleased with it and learned just in time to say trick-or-treat. At one of the first houses we went to Hallie knocked, said her "trickatreat" and the lady held out a bowl of candy for her to choose one; not being very experienced at this point, Hallie reached into her bag, pulled out a candy, and put it in the bowl! After letting her eat some of the candy she'd collected, however, this did not happen again.

Pre and post-candy faces. (Note the much happier post-candy face)



Hallie loved showing off her tail to everyone!


While Hallie's costume was pretty obvious mine was, apparently, not so much. 10 points to anyone who can guess correctly...here are some of the clues taken from guesses I got that night...


A. Miss Hannigan


B. Mae West


C. Madame Medusa


D. A woman posing as drag queen....long story




If you guessed C. Madame Medusa, then you're right, and this is why we're friends! There were several people who just haven't even seen that movie (The Rescuers) which is really tragic. Medusa is my very favorite Disney villain. "Madame Medusa's Pawnshop Boutique!" Unfortunately we didn't get any pictures of the classic Medusa pose; removing the eyelashes!!!




Hope you all had a Happy Halloween, filled with lots of diamonds...I mean candy!

10 comments:

Nikki said...

Mike and I just wanted both rescuers because I just bought both rescuers! I also just bought a lot of halloween candy and of course it made me think of you! Hallie comes by her love honestly! So I think your 101 list is failing you because we haven't talked in a while. And my word verification is sifyill strange.

Unknown said...

I admit...I didn't know who you were....SAD! Great costume though! REscuers just wasn't a movie that we had growing up....again...SAD!

Rebecca said...

I don't know if we can be friends any more Megan; you'd better go watch that movie 10x in a row if you want to redeem yourself! :)

Nikki I really have failed. Twice. I knew I should've put any phoning type goals on, I didn't call a friend or grandparents last month. Sad. Guess you'll be getting 2 calls this month to make up for it.

Ashley said...

Hallie is way too funny! And cute. And your costume, amazing! I didn't have a clue, but I have seen the recuers and once you put the pictures up of M. Medusa, I totally saw it. Simply fabulous.

kelsey said...

I LOVE that you were Medusa. That is so awesome, and who hasn't seen that movie? Sad. Now I need to watch it again. Fabulous costume choice, I applaud you for the creative thinking.
Also, your little monkey is pretty darn cute too. That is so sweet that she tried to give them the candy!

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

Um, I found you blog? So that makes me a stalker?!
(I figure I'm pretty close to best friends with your g-ma, so it should be alright to comment.)
I LOVE your costume idea - I'm a Rescuer's fan. Plus, your little monkey is darling! The costume, the girl, everything! Hope you and Chris are well.
P.S. Here's a bold move, but if you want to read our blog, send me an e-mail. (this might be really lame...)
kristinsmith5@hotmail.com

merrilykaroly said...

I totally got your costume.... once you explained it to me!! Does that count??

Too bad Hallie has caught on to where the candy goes... I was thinking of inviting her over and seeing if she'd give me some, too.

kelsey said...

So. . . I'm a little bit slow, but I just realized the title of your post. Nice one. That worked out nicely, didn't it?

Paula said...

Hilarious! I totally didn't even recognize you in the first picture! I totally forgot about Medusa, but you're right, she is amazing--all the way down to those removable eyelashes!

ps I noticed an absence of Chris pictures, does this means he is as anti-Halloween as Erik is? I hope not! :)

jonathaninternet said...

Snooooops! I love it!

Jonathan